Sunday 15 March 2009

The Puffin is here!

It has been a while since I made an entry to my blog. Its not that there has been nothing to report, quite the opposite in fact. Life at Number 9 has been very busy especially with me now back in full time employment. This weekend has been a great weekend though and it has encouraged me to come back onto my blog to let you all know about it!

Yesterday, I collected a van which I purchased through ebay. I was a bit disappointed with the state of the rear doors and wheel arches but with 12 months MOT I decided to go through with it and hand over my money - mainly because I knew what I wanted the van for...... My friend Keith took me to Hinckley to collect it and then we drove around for an hour looking for a post office to put some Road Tax on it. Once we had the tax and the van was all legal we drove back to Number 9 and gave it a quick clean and swept the back out.

Then, this morning, we headed over to a little Village not far from here where the van really proved its worth! We went to collect a boat which had been very kindly offered to me some time ago through our local freecycle group.



I could have had the boat sooner but with one thing and another I just couldn't get transport organized for the short journey home - mainly due to a lack of funds. So I would like to thank Adrian very much indeed for not only giving me the boat but also for his patience and for his help in loading the boat and all its bits into the van this morning. Thanks also to his sister Rachel for the cup of tea!! We needed it after all that lifting! Its surprising how heavy the boat is!



I was excited all the way home and couldn't wait to see Amelia's face when she saw the boat! She loves it and we can't wait to get to work restoring the boat back to its former glory, and ultimately back on the water! I will be sure to post pictures of our progress as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment